Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am going to write this page to you as an individual and not as a company. SC Relics is not a massive entity, it is a small family run business and making sure you are all well informed on our position and procedures on Brexit and Covid are very important to me.
So, lets begin. As of 1st January 2021 the United Kingdom is no longer in the EU. We are still physically in Europe (I’m sure you knew that already!) but we are no longer following EU laws and rules across nearly every aspect of life. I’m not going to talk to you about what England, Scotland and Wales are doing. This is because I am based in Northern Ireland which has remained in the EU single market. Yes, you read that correctly.
Without rambling on for paragraphs about it the situation can be summarised very briefly.
- Northern Ireland is still part of the United Kingdom but…
- We are still in the EU single market
- SC Relics can ship to the EU without VAT being charged in the destination country
- SC Relics can ship to the rest of the UK as normal
- UK based customers can ship refinishes (or new bodies to paint) to us as normal. Your courier will issue customs declaration documents (if required) with your shipping label
- EU based customers can ship refinishes (or new bodies to paint) to us as normal. Your courier will issue customs declaration documents (if required) with your shipping label
In short, UK and EU customers can continue to work with SC Relics as they did in 2020. The only difference will be that your inbound packages will need a declaration attached (your courier should provide this with your shipping label if required). This is due to the sea border between the island of Ireland and mainland UK.
A little more..
As a further update, while we wait for the dust to settle on the new relationship between the U.K. and EU it is important for us to be completely transparent. The situation is changing daily and further guidance to our EU customers is as follows..
Whilst the position for SC Relics following Brexit is as set out above, we are conscious that the position could change in the future.
Therefore, any customer placing an order for delivery to an address within the EU will remain liable for any charges, tariffs, or taxes which may be imposed by the EU or any relevant EU member state from time to time in respect of the importation of goods.
Orders will only be accepted by SC Relics on this basis.
This information is by no means designed to alienate or annoy EU customers. It is very important to me that we can all work together on the most level playing field possible.
If you still have any queries please feel free to send us an email and I will reply at the earliest possible convenience.